Increase Your Camera Power with a Canon FD Camera Lens Fitting Adapter
A Canon Micro 4/3 DSLR camera is a micro model that requires the use of several lens adapters. These tools help your camera capture high-quality images with the same power of larger models. Whether you have vintage lenses you love using in order to capture moody shots, or modern lenses with updated features, these adapters allow you to change out lenses with ease.Which features are available for these adapters?
Just a few advantages that you can get from these Micro 4/3 mounts include:
- Electronic viewfinder - This feature offers a streamlined viewing screen that compiles your photo information in a user-friendly way.
- View screen - Some users may forego the electronic viewfinder and view their image being taken as it occurs.
- Real-time preview - Using this option gives you an idea of the exposure, white balance, and tone of your image before you take it.
- Preview zoom - Focus on a specific area of your preview to get an idea of how it will look before you take a picture.
- Automatic light adjustments - Before you take a photo, these adapters can gauge the surrounding light and adjust your settings to ensure your shot comes out well.
The typical imaging size of a Micro 4/3 camera is about 18 by 13.5 millimeters. This size is about the same as that offered by 110 films. However, you can adjust the viewing size of your micro DSLR by adding a lens mount. Once you do this, you can change the photo size in a few different ways.
For example, a zoom lens could create a tighter and more specific DSLR shot. However, you could also use a macro lens to create a larger-than-life shot with your micro camera. Some may even use wide-angle lens mounts to achieve a broader shot.Are they compatible with autofocus?
These types of cameras use what is known as a contrast-detection autofocus system. This method provides a mirrorless system that creates a broad range of different shooting possibilities. These adapters are adjustable with this type of autofocus and other forms.
That said, some models come with phase-detection hardware on the autofocus sensors. As a result, it is possible to add different types of legacy lenses, such as 150 millimeter f/2, to your Micro 4/3 model.What aspect ratios are available?
The aspect ratio of your Canon Micro 4/3 is typically at a 4:3 rate. This ratio can be tweaked with lens adapters and mounts. As a result, you can get different ratios, such as 3:2 and 16:9, for more diverse shots. However, some may be able to achieve a 1:1 look.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Canon.