Enhanced Listening with 5.1 System Computer Speakers
A 5.1 speaker system can really bring your room to life, offering a more immersive experience when listening to music or watching movies. When you use your computer or laptop monitor as your main screen or sound system, a 5.1 system of computer speakers offers an enhanced listening experience when compared with built-in speakers. Creative 5.1 speaker systems give you a compelling audio experience and greater depth of bass when using your desktop or laptop computer.
What Is a 5.1 Speaker System?
5.1 surround sound is the common name given to a six-channel audio system and is standard for most home theater setups. It comprises a central device, two surround speakers, and a left and right, as well as a low-frequency channel designed for a subwoofer.
- A 5.1 surround sound setup creates a balanced and equal sound from a centrally positioned audience, and you achieve optimal results when using five matched speakers and a subwoofer.
- A 5.1 speaker setup contains more audio channels than a regular stereo speaker setup, making it a preferable option in environments where you require or desire a higher audio quality.
How Can You Connect Surround Sound to Your Computer?
To connect a 5.1 speaker system to your computer, youll need a sound card with surround sound ports. Depending on your system, this will require either analog RCA ports or an optical audio output port.
- Firstly, access the connections panel on the back of your computer and locate the wired audio connections for your surround sound speakers, either RCA or optical.
- Plug the audio cords into the back of your computer, keeping in mind that for RCA connections, each cord is the same color as its compatible port.
- Position your speakers as you want them, then configure the sound through your computers control panel by enabling 5.1 Surround.
What Should You Consider When Buying a 5.1 Computer Speaker System?
The size of your room largely determines your choice of 5.1 computer speaker system, the computer youre connecting to, and your individual budget. It may also come down to the design of the system and whether youre looking for something sleek and black or more vintage-styled with wood paneling.
- Consider whether you prefer bookshelf or floor-standing models and the aesthetics of the speakers themselves in terms of design and materials.
- Keep in mind how powerful the speakers will be for their size and whether they are capable of producing the volumes you want when listening to music or watching movies.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Creative.