Infinity Marine Speakers Bring Airwaves to Waterways
If you install a complete Infinity marine audio system that can includes an Infinity marine stereo, Infinity marine subwoofer, and Infinity marine speakers, you can truly have the most impressive and clearest sounding audio system afloat. There are a wide variety of inexpensive Infinity speakers for sale on eBay, so customers have several options in speaker size, number to purchase in an order (usually one pair), wattage output, and even color to best complement the boat deck and surroundings.Why are some speakers and stereos classified as "marine"?
Simply speaking, marine equipment is for the most part waterproof. According to American Society for Testing and Materials standards, waterproof speakers mean that they are impervious to splashing, rain, and even a hosing down. These are marine head units that use rubber gaskets, will have circuit boards in the stereo that are dipped in a liquid plastic or resin, with chassis components made of stainless steel, or heavy-duty ABS plastic rather than galvanized steel.
While a car speakers cones are made with paper, Infinity boat speakers have cones made with such waterproof materials as polypropylene or Mylar. Their sound quality is very similar to that of paper cones, meaning they provide very fine sound quality while being waterproof and much more durable as well.What are the specs on Infinity 652m marine speakers?
These Infinity speakers are 6.5-inch, 2-way coaxial marine speakers. They are equipped with rubber surrounds, sealed magnets, and cast-polymer baskets in a one-piece design. The Plus One woofers deliver dynamic clarity. Through eBay, customers should expect to receive in an order of new Infinity marine speakers: two speakers, stainless steel mounting hardware, mounting gasket, screw clips, and an Owners Manual. Specs for these speakers include the following:
- Frequency response - 50 hertz - 20 kilohertz
- Woofer - 6.5-inch cast-polymer Plus One
- Tweeter - Balanced dome
- Impedance (ohms) - 4
- Mounting depth (in.) - 2.625
- Cutout dimensions (in.) - 5-inch diameter
- Continuous power handling (W) - 75 / Peak power handling (W) - 225
The Infinity Marine 6952M that replaces 6912M is a sought-after pair of 2-way coaxial marine speakers. Some of their general features include the following:
- Power Handling Peak - 300 watts per pair / 150 watts each
- Power Handling RMS - 150 watts per pair / 75 watts each
- Recommended power range - 10 - 75 watts RMS per channel
- Frequency Response - 36 - 20,000 hertz (Hz)
- Impedance (ohms) - 4
- Integrated grill assembly
- UV and water-resistant design
- Rubber surround
- Polypropylene cone
- Mounting Diameter (in.) - 5-9/16 X 8-9/16 / Top Mount Depth (in.) - 3-1/16