How to Choose Tempered Glass Screen Protectors for Motorola Droid Turbo
You have numerous choices when it comes to screen protection for your Droid Turbo. There are plastic screen protectors, protectors made of polyurethane, or glass protectors for your device. Tempered glass is a special type of glass that is ultra-hard and has scratch-resistant properties, making it a natural choice for phone protection.
What are the Benefits of Tempered Glass?
Though tempered glass screen protectors are hard and sturdy, those aren't the only reasons to select a tempered glass protector for your screen.
- The hardness of tempered glass can't be understated. The Mohs hardness scale is used by scientists to categorize and rate minerals, and on a scale from 1 to 10, tempered glass rates at nine. That means that it provides premium scratch-proof protection for your phone.
- A screen protector made of tempered glass doesn't take much effort to keep clean. Plastic cases seem to collect dirt and dust at the corners, or even turn yellow if you've had the same one on your phone for a while; however, a glass option remains the same, and all you have to do to clean it.
- For those interested in aesthetics, a glass screen protector is actually beautiful. It keeps your display glossy, shiny, and looking new, no matter how many games you play or how many messages or emails you send.
How Do You Select the Right Glass Screen Protector?
There are a few considerations you need to make when you're choosing a screen cover for your Motorola Droid Turbo.
- Think about color. Though you may wish to stick with a classic clear coating, you can customize the way your phone looks by selecting a black cover or a red cover. These colored covers are for more than looks; they offer privacy as well if you're using your phone in a public place and you'd rather your text messages remain private.
- Decide whether you want a glossy cover to protect your screen or whether you'd rather have a matte appearance for your display. Another option is to select an anti-glare screen protector, so you can check your messages even when it's sunny outside.
- Select a brand, as there are several to pick from that offer distinct features.
Which Brands Make Tempered Glass Protectors?
After you've narrowed down what you want out of a tempered glass screen protector, it's time to select a brand.
- Supershieldz makes 9H covers made of genuine glass. They install easily, are responsive to your movements, and have an oleophobic coating to help reduce fingerprints and smudges.
- Choose a cover from MagicGuardz that's bubble free and helps to retain your HD display after you install it. It is also self-adhesive and makes your screen shatterproof.
- An iVoler screen protector comes in a three-pack so you always have an extra handy. These have rounded edges for the most accurate fit, as well as cut-outs for your sensors.