Ticket to Ride Game Pieces and Parts
Ticket to Ride is a board game from publisher Days of Wonder that is played all around the world. Rides turn-based game play and strategy are intended for two to five players, and endless variations of the routes and combinations of train destination tickets can make this game fun to play for hours on end. There are many parts associated with the complete game, including tiny plastic trains colored in five different shades, a set of train cards for claiming routes, a set of train cards for destinations, and small wooden components to keep score with.How do you play Ticket to Ride?
- Step 1: Draw tickets or play tickets. The first rule of a players turn is to make a decision. Will you put train cards down or pick tickets up? If you pick cards up, you have the choice to do so from face-up colored cards or from a face-down mystery pile.
- Step 2: If the player played cards, the rules state that the player should put your trains down on the board for the route segment. This can be the most satisfying part of each turn as players will often block other players from making their routes complete.
- Step 3: Score your points. If you claimed a route, you can move your wooden token forward the corresponding number of points. If a player misses points from their tickets, the rules state that they cant be claimed later.
In the basic version of Ticket to Ride, there are four distinct types of destination tickets and other segments on the board. With expansion packs, you can add some more ways to ride, depending on the map and game version you are playing.
- Trains: In every map and version of the board game, the main way to keep track of your routes and destinations is with the tiny plastic train cars corresponding to your player color.
- Scoring components: These tiny wooden components show the points youve scored. They match your player color and move around the board as each player takes their turn.
- Locomotive cards: These larger cards are what you use to claim a route. They come in a multitude of colors and include wild tickets that can be played on any spot.
- Destination cards: These tiny destination tickets have two spots on the map that you must reach to complete for extra points. These destination tickets are the driving force behind the competitiveness of this board game.
- Expansion packs: Expansion packs will have more train cards and destinations as well as other long routes. There can also be other extras, like cards for claiming certain cities and setting up train stations.