Volvo 850 Wheel Center Caps
The Volvo 850 is designated as an executive compact sedan, and it was produced for the North American market between years 1991 and 1996. It was the first Volvo to offer all-wheel drive, and it had a four-door saloon or a five-door estate sedan body. After years of driving, the center caps on the Volvo 850s wheels may need to be replaced.What are the features of center caps for Volvo wheels?
- Volvo logo in the middle of the center caps: The Volvo name and logo are in the middle of the center caps. The background may be black or blue, depending on the model and size of the caps.
- Resistance to rust and corrosion: The center caps for Volvo vehicles are made from plastic with a finish that looks like alloy steel. They complement the vehicles wheels while also resisting rust and corrosion.
- Snaps in place without fasteners: Center caps for Volvo sedans are held in place with a wire ring. No bolts or screws are required to keep them in place, making their installation quick and simple.
- Choose a model or trim level of Volvo 850: Choose the model or trim level, such as the Volvo 850 special edition T-5R wagon. This was made during production year 1996. You can also find the platinum trim level of the Volvo 850 Turbo.
- Select the model year: Different model years of the Volvo 850 have different sizes and styles of center caps for their alloy hub caps and rims.
- Choose between cap only or an assembly kit: Select just a replacement cap or a kit that includes the Volvos metal fitment ring. It is also helpful that the kit includes the pulling tool for removal of the center caps.
Before you can install the replacement center caps on your Volvo 850, you need to remove the old caps. To do this, you will need to use a cap puller tool made specifically by Volvo for this purpose, or a flathead screwdriver to pry the old cap out of its position. Once you have either of these:
- Use the tool to gently pry the cap out of its holder, taking care not to bend the metal fitment ring. If the cap is stuck, you will need to jack up the Volvo and remove its tire.
- After taking the tire off of the Volvo, use a tire iron to push the cap off from the back side.
- To install the new center caps on your Volvo wagon, place the metal retention ring inside of the cap. Center the cap in the middle of the rim. Push it into place with your fingers. A few light taps with the handle of the screwdriver ensures that it is locked into place.