Jaguar X-Type Wheel Hubs and Bearings
The wheel-hubs and bearings in your Jaguar X-Type play a vital role in your wheels. There are many styles and types of bearings available in your car, and understanding the types available will help in the selection process. Here are some questions that may come up when making a selection.What is a wheel hub?
The hub assemblies on your Jaguar X-Type are made up of the wheel-hub, bearings, seals and sensors. Your tires attach to the hub and allow them to turn freely on your vehicle. Your brake rotors will also be attached to the hubs as well. The hubs will vary depending on whether you have 2WD or 4WD drive on your Jaguar X-Type.What are some tips for selecting hubs for your Jaguar?
When you need to select new hubs and bearings from your Jaguar X-Type, the different options available can be overwhelming. Following these guidelines can be helpful in the selection process.
- Choose hubs and bearings compatible with your car: You will want to know the make, model, and model year of your car. You may also want to know the production date as well. This can be found on the frame of your door on a label. Sometimes the manufacturer will change the parts used in the middle of a production year.
- Choose a style of bearings: The bearings will vary depending on what you use your Jaguar X-Type for. There are various stock and performance options.
- Choose a brand: You can select from different OEM and aftermarket companies that produce hubs and bearings for your Jaguar X-Type.
Understanding the types of bearings available for your Jaguar can help with selecting a style for your car. There are many options available that can fit your vehicle.
- Ball bearings are the most common types that you will find in the wheel-hubs. These bearings are designed to handle the weight put on the tires, along with the pressure put on them from turning.
- Tapered roller bearings are cone shaped and designed to reduce the amount of friction when cornering with your vehicle. When your car turns, the turn angle can vary, and the tapered roller bearings help with this.
- Precision ball bearings are used when you need bearings designed to handle high pressure. These bearings have a higher rotation speed than standard bearings, and are set up to reduce friction to a minimum.
When you need to select replacement hubs and bearings for your Jaguar X-Type, you have many options to choose from. If you want to select from original equipment manufacturer parts, you will want to select from those made by Jaguar. You can also select from companies such as Bosch, Beck/Arnley, Precision Automotive, and other companies that produce aftermarket replacements. When selecting aftermarket parts, you may have to adjust them to fit properly in your vehicle.