Whirlpool Microwave Ovens
Microwave ovens from Whirlpool are designed to heat, defrost, or broil food in a short time. The stainless steel Whirlpool microwave ovens allow fast food preparation for prepared foods and leftovers. Their sizes range from 0.5 cubic feet to 2.2 cubic feet.What types of microwave ovens does Whirlpool offer?
Whirlpool offers three main types of microwaves, each of which has different benefits and features depending on your needs:
- Countertop: Countertop microwaves from Whirlpool are freestanding appliances that can be placed on the top of a counter. These models require adequate venting.
- Over-the-range: These Whirlpool over-the-range microwaves are installed over the cooking range. Because they are installed in a cabinet area, they do not take up any countertop space.
- Built-in: These cooking appliances are integrated into the kitchen design. They are often installed within custom cabinets that are built to specifically house the microwave.
Microwave ovens from Whirlpool come in a variety of different sizes:
- Compact: Compact countertop microwave ovens typically measure between 0.5 and 0.8 cubic feet.
- Mid-size: These microwave ovens usually range from 1.4 to 1.6 cubic feet in size.
- Full size: These countertop microwaves are usually 1.8 to 2.2 cubic feet in dimension.
There are a few key features that some may find useful when looking for a microwave:
- Power rating: Whirlpool microwaves have different power ratings based on their size and type. For example, compact countertop microwaves often range from 600 to 800 watts while larger, built-in or over-the-range microwaves may have higher power ranges.
- Numeric keypad: Some appliances have a keypad instead of or in addition to the dial.
- Turntable: These components rotate the food as it cooks, allowing the food to be cooked without the need to turn.
- Tray: Trays can be used to allow airflow beneath the food item while cooking.
- Slow cooking: Some models allow you to slowly cook food.
Stainless steel convection microwaves from Whirlpool are equipped with small fans inside the unit. These fans spin while the convection oven is running, helping to evenly distribute the heat around the food. This type of oven also helps to speed up the cooking process. They can be used to heat, grill, bake, brown, and crisp up food. The convection microwave oven acts as an oven and microwave combined into one. Controls for both types of cooking are available on a combination microwave/convection oven.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Whirlpool.