Yamaha Motorcycle Parts
Choosing the right replacement parts for your Yamaha may help extend the life of your vehicle. There are OEM and third-party parts available that can help you get an exact match or an upgrade to your existing performance. Here are some common questions that can help you select the right Yamaha motorcycle parts and accessories.What Yamaha motorcycle parts need replacing during tune-ups?
Even with regular maintenance and care, parts on your Yamaha may need replacing. Here are some of the more common replacements that you may be looking for.
- Spark Plugs: Depending on use and the model, spark plugs should be replaced between 8,000 to 10,000 miles.
- Fluids: This includes coolant, oil, and lubricant that keeps your other parts and engines running. Over time these parts break down and need to be replaced.
- Tires: There are upgraded tire parts that allow you to monitor tire temperature and air pressure.
- Chains: These typically need to be replaced between 15,000 to 25,000 miles on the motorcycle with proper maintenance.
There are two options available when finding replacement parts for your Yamaha motorcycle. Here are some of the benefits and differences between the two.
- Aftermarket: These can be used when you want to customize or modify your Yamaha. Some customization parts include wheels, frames, foot pegs, handlebars, and other parts. One advantage of these replacements is that these manufacturers can improve on the original design.
- Yamaha OEM parts: These are made by the same company that manufactured parts for the original Yamaha. These are identical to the stock parts that are on your bike.
Finding the right selection of replacements for your Yamaha can help to make your repair quick and easy. Here is some information that you should gather to find the right parts.
- Model year: This information can be found on the VIN number of your Yamaha. It will be the 10th character on the VIN. You can locate the VIN on the registration, or by looking on the steering neck of the motorbike.
- Model: Another piece of information that you can get from the VIN number and motorcycle registration.
Many of the OEM replacements for Yamaha are produced in Japan and imported to the US. Factory locations in other countries such as Vietnam handle parts for the Asian market.What types of vehicles does Yamaha manufacture?
Yamaha manufactures motorbikes, ATVs, snowmobiles, golf carts, and other vehicles in the US and worldwide.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Yamaha.