Commercial Coffee Roasters
There is a wide variety of coffee roasters on the market. They are mainly differentiated by the volume of beans they can process at a time. The processing speed is also a primary consideration when choosing a commercial coffee roaster.What are some key considerations when buying commercial coffee roasters?
The machine you decide to buy should have some essential attributes.
- Durability: Ensure that the coffee roaster you buy will last for as long as you need it. The quality of the product will directly impact your profits.
- Functionality: Ensure that the machine performs all the functions of a roaster.
- Scalability: This will factor in when you need to upgrade the machine and serve more customers. If you intend to grow your business, you should get a device that you can improve when necessary.
- Ease of cleaning: Quick cleaning means you can move on to the next batch.
- Ease of use:A coffee roaster should be user-friendly.
- The size of the machine: Your roaster should fit well in your space.
The size of the roaster determines the volume of beans that can be processed at a time. The volume of beans can be
- One kilogram.
- Three kilograms.
- 10 kilograms.
- 25 kilograms.
- Type of the bed: You can get a drum- or fluid-bed roaster. Most of these machines are designed as drum roasters since this technology makes them very flexible and easy to control. When used by an experienced roaster, the drum can produce the light roasts that are almost the same the air roasts. When configured in the right way, it can produce very dark roasts.
- The source of energy: Liquid propane and natural gas are often used as sources of energy as they are highly responsive and produce excellent results. Electric energy is also used with these roasters.
- Heating options: Infrared burners are highly efficient because they operate on a narrow band of output. This means that the production is limited to the high or low setting. The infrared burner limits the color. If you think the color of your coffee is important, you should go for the direct flame.
- Controls: Automated machines are easier to control. They can be a convenient device since they do not require much attention from the roaster. The manual product is often used by artisans who have mastered the art of roasting and like to actively control the making of their coffee beans.