Providing Medical Labs With Equipment, Devices, and Supplies
Medical practitioners will constantly require durable medical equipment, medical devices, and medical supplies for their patients and medical labs. eBay is the go-to resource for medical order needs.Reducing the Cost of Durable Medical Equipment
You can lower your cost of durable medical equipment and devices for patients who are treated at home by purchasing used medical lab equipment and devices. Most of the time sed medical lab equipment is simply equipment that was previously used in hospitals or patient homes. When hospitals upgrade to new equipment, they no longer have need of their old equipment, so you could get it at discounted prices. Likewise, when a home patient no longer requires medical lab equipment, they might try to sell it. When purchasing used medical lab equipment, always make sure to check that the equipment has been tested and is verified to work properly. Also, sterilize it before use.Types of Medical Lab Equipment Devices
If your medical vendor runs out of stock on a particular medical item and you require additional medical supplies, you may have to obtain them locally. Some of the types of medical lab equipment devices include the following:
- Electronic devices: Electronic medical devices run off of batteries or power outlets. An example is a digital blood pressure monitor.
- Self-care: Self-care equipment consists of home care devices such as diabetes tools, respiratory aids, and mobility aids that are designed to be used by individuals to monitor their health at home.
- Diagnostic tools: Diagnostic devices are those that check vitals. Examples include sphygmomanometers to record blood pressure, ophthalmoscopes for eye exams, and otoscopes to evaluate the outer and middle ear.
- Surgical: Surgical equipment consists of surgical tools, diagnostic scopes, disposable surgical wear, and gauzes and drapes.
- Durable medical equipment (DME): This type of equipment consists of the bulkier items used in the home to assist with daily activities. They include walking aids, transfer equipment like hoyer lifts, bath safety, and wheelchairs.
- Acute care equipment: This is any equipment that hospitals purchase and staff to care for patients in acute care facilities. Examples include IVs and accessories.
- Emergency and trauma equipment: Emergency rooms need just about all of the previously mentioned for the most severe and life-threatening care. Supplies include diagnostic and exam tools and wound care supplies.
- Long-term care equipment: Long-term care equipment is used by nursing homes, assisted-living residences, hospices, and rehabilitation facilities. Beds, mattresses, incontinence supplies, and grooming aids are included in this category.
- Storage and transport supplies: The most common carts for health care are case carts, storage carts, supply carts, linen carts, food carts, and procedure carts.
Medical labs may also require medical equipment such as nitrogen generation systems. Gas nitrogen generators use gas to generate nitrogen, and they are typically used when lower flows are okay. Liquid nitrogen generators tend to produce higher, more concentrated flows. The Pressure Swing Absorption (PSA) and Membrane Nitrogen are the two prominent liquid nitrogen generators. Both generators produce compressed nitrogen, but the membrane nitrogen uses compressed filtered air for its nitrogen compressor.